Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Secret Santa: Homemade gift edition

This year I participated in two secret Santa gift exchanges. One was for orchestra, and the other was just in my group of friends. Coincidentally, I got Sarah both times!!!! How that happened, I have no idea. Sarah and I both love Harry Potter and Doctor Who, so I decided to make a present that related to one of each. For orchestra, I crocheted her an Adipose. Basically, they are an alien from "Doctor Who" that is made of fat, but they are really cute. I looked online for a pattern, or at least another example to base my design off of, but most of them didn't look that good. So I just made it up as I went along. Making a blob isn't too difficult, at least not compared to some of the other doctor who characters people make  http://www.buzzfeed.com/doctorwho/doctor-who-crochet. Here is a picture of mine. I made it in three pieces. The body, the legs, and the top of the head, and then I sewed them together and stuffed it.












For the Secret Santa just with a few of my friends, I made Sarah a harry potter light switch plate. A light switch plate? Yeah, its a weird present, but I thought it would be really cool. Maybe it would be neat to put up in her dorm room. Basically, I painted "Lumos" on the ON position and "Nox" on the OFF position. I saw it while I was surfing the web, and then I found a lot of other ones that I based my design off of http://acciomagic.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/somebody-turn-on-the-light-lumos/. Here is mine. I think it turned out pretty good. 


I just realized that I didn't do a free topic blog post over break. I don't know if you accept late blog posts, but if not, I still thought these would be cool to share. 


1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with your Harry Potter light switch plate! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete