Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Letter to my Future Self

Dear Emily,
How are you. I just finished writing all of your college apps. You have probably blocked this horrendous task from your mind already, but all you need to know is that it sucked. You better not be wasting all of that work! I want to see A's on my report card when I get there. Please continue to practice your violin and piano. I also want to be proficient at guitar, so get on that. Are you in a band now? If college doesn't work, you need something to fall back on :P Also, make sure to call Mom and Dad in college. I forget to do that when I am at camp or out of town, and I think they would prefer if I called more, so if I haven't yet, start now! When you come back to visit for Christmas, make sure to go to that LOTR marathon at that theater downtown. If you have forgotten, you missed it this year because you were working on your part II (stupid!). You have to go to that. It's going to be AWESOME! Another thing that I hope you have done by now is visit another country. Not Mexico or Canada, but England or China. I realize that you are probably in serious debt (you did get some financial aid from your college, right?), but maybe you could sneak into the cargo area of a ship. That would be more exciting anyways. As for books, hopefully you still have time to read. Here is a list of the books that you should have read by now (the following are just the books on your shelf that I haven't read yet.....)

  • LOTR
  • tinker tailor soldier spy (don't watch the movie before reading the book. I promised!) 
  • Any Michael Crichton book you haven't read yet
  • Sequels to rendezvous with Rama 
  • Master and Commander (and sequels of course)
  • Stranger in a Strange land
  • 1984
  • Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy 
  • sequels to the foundations novels
  • i robot
  • Dune
  • Sherlock Holmes 
  • 2001 a space Odyssey 
Please! Read them! They sound so interesting. 

Anyways, have a great life. Its going good so far.

-Emily

P.S. If you invent time travel, meet me here in 4 seconds, unless of course there are laws against that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment